Featuring the finest in ceramics from around the world and American glass art
The Second-Annual International Ceramics and Glass Fair (ICGF) will be held January 23 through 26, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, at the Gallery of Amazing Things, 481 South Federal Highway in Dania Beach, Fla.
Presented by Seaway China Company, Pascoe & Company and the Wiener Museum of Decorative Arts (WMODA), the 2016 ICGF promises to be an unforgettable and interactive festival display of the finest ceramic art and craftsmanship from around the world and American studio glass.
Along with exquisite pieces from international exhibitors, the ICGF will include selling exhibitions, visiting experts, panel discussions, artist demonstrations, and offer guests a chance to take an artisan-led master class to create their own works of art.
Special guests include:
· Fée Halsted, founder of Ardmore Ceramic Art in the Midlands of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
· Royal Doulton Ambassador Michael Doulton, a sixth-generation descendant of the iconic British ceramics maker and founder of Royal Doulton.
· Brenna Baker, founder and director of Hollywood Hot Glass, who appeared in the CBS TV special “The Art of Glass” with world-renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly.
· Wiener Museum of Decorative Arts Executive Director Louise Irvine, an expert in British ceramic history and a leading authority on Royal Doulton antiques.
· Thrilling kiln-formed fused glass demonstrations by the talented Chelsea Rousso, professor of Fashion Design at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
Visitors also can take tea with Michael Doulton in the stunning Chihuly glass gallery at WMODA. The Royal Tea Party will include talks by experts, dainty sandwiches and scones and cakes, along with tea-infused champagne cocktails. The Royal Tea is being offered on Saturday, January 23, from 2 to 4 p.m. and tickets $45, which includes entry to the ICGF; RSVP for the tea is required.
In tandem with the Fair, WMODA –also is hosting Splash!, a thrilling exhibition that pays homage to the sea through ceramic and glass art. Throughout history, fish, shells, mermaids and sea monsters have been creatively depicted in pottery, porcelain, crystal and glass. Splash! is a toast to South Florida and its Caribbean influences, featuring fine ceramics and glass dating back to the 19th century.
Tickets are $10. For ticket information and more details about the ICGF, visit icgfair.com or call 954-654-7739. The Gallery of Amazing Things is located at 481 South Federal Highway, just south of Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport. For more information about the venue, visit galleryamazing.com.