The Hollywood Women’s Club (HWC) recently elected Carol Fitzgerald as President of the organization for 2016-2018. Carol said “I am honored and humbled to be the new President of the Hollywood Women’s Club for the next two years. I am excited and looking forward to the many opportunities and challenges ahead. I have lived in Hollywood since 2011 and I was lucky enough to take the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Leadership Hollywood 39 program last year in which I was able to meet and make a lot of new friends while learning about my new community.”
Also elected to the Board of Directors for 2016-2018 were:
- President Elect, Angela Bishop
- 1st VP Membership, Vicky Lookhoor
- 2nd VP Program, Dinah Pickett
- 3rd VP Fund Raising, Open
- 4th VP House, Cynthia Iorio-Butler
- Recording Secretary, Laura Wicks
- Corresponding Secretary, Linda Martyn
- Financial Secretary, Kellie Kachikis
- Treasurer, Sandra Miller
- Director-Past President, Isabel Wise
- Director-Day Group, Hermine Vogler
- Assistant Day Group, Alma Duffy
- Director-Parliamentarian, Marybeth Cullinan
- Director, Maggie Suazo
- Director, Elinor Nicholson
The Board will be focused on membership involvement and expanding our committees; celebration of their 95th Anniversary, launching a capital campaign to continue the restoration of the National Historic Clubhouse, focusing on handicap accessibility; and enhancing community service projects with a greater focus on children and youth.
Recently Nadine McRae, Executive Director of the Community Enhancement Collaboration (CEC) in Washington Park and a member of the Club, was recognized by Broward County Commissioners. Her work has helped many in the Washington Park Community, young and old alike.
The HWC 5th Annual Golf Tournament will take place on July 16th at the Hollywood Beach Golf Resort. Players, sponsors and auction items are needed. The event includes a morning of Golf with registration and continental breakfast at 7 am. Golf and contests begin at 8 am. Brunch immediately follows at Shenanigan’s Eastside Pub with raffles and a silent auction. Sign up today by calling Moon Sheridan at 954-383-1906.