W.O.M.E.N. (Women Owners Managers Executive Network), an industry group of female business executives brought together and supported by the Chamber, bestows this honor on a woman in the community who shines out in her commitment to making a difference in Hollywood.
The 2016 Woman of the Year was Cate Farmer, general manager of Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort. Previous winners have included Susan Renneisen, Seminole Hard Rock Resort & Casino (2011); Cindy Abraham, Keller Williams Realty (2105); Elizabeth San Juan, Gallery 2014,(2014): and newly named Hollywood Vice-Mayor Debra Case, Ocean Alley (2013). In 2010 the Glass Ceiling award was changed to the Hollywood Business Woman of the Year and the winner was Jerilyn Grimm of Memorial Healthcare System.
The Chamber’s Hollywood Business Woman of the Year is an award given to recognize a woman who is making a powerful mark on the City of Hollywood’s business and community. Nominations should focus on women who are giving of themselves, active in their careers and city and having an influence on society. This woman also must encompass a variety of ideals that include a strong sense of moral and ethics, compassion, and humility.
This year, the award will be given to three Hollywood Business Women who have made a mark in their own areas of business: public, non-profit and the private sector. In the past, 10 women were nominated and one was announced as the winner at a special luncheon. For 2018, the three (3) winners will be announced by January 26th and celebrated at the Chamber’s Annual Board Installation and Business Leaders of the Year Luncheon on March 2, 2018. The criteria remain the same.
A nominee must:
- live or work in the Hollywood community
- have made significant and enduring contributions to her fields of endeavor, elevated the status of women, helped open new frontiers for women and/or for society in general, and inspired others by her example; and
- through her life and works, have significantly contributed to the improvement of life for women and the citizens of the Hollywood community.
When choosing someone to honor, consider the following questions:
- Is the community of Hollywood better for the contributions of the nominee?
- Are women of the Hollywood community better, has their status improved, or have opportunities increased for women because of the life and contributions of the nominee?
- Is the particular discipline, profession, or field better because of the contributions of the nominee?
- Self – nominations and nominations from friends, family and colleagues are all welcome.
Employees, board members, WOMEN Committee members, and immediate family members of these parties are not eligible.
Completed nomination forms can be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to 954 – 923 – 8737. Forms can also be mailed to the Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, 330 North Federal Highway, Hollywood, FL 33020. For further info email [email protected] or call 954.923.4000.