On Sunday, Feb. 4, the Hollywood Historical Society and the CRA dedicated seven new historical plaques placed on buildings along and off the North side of Hollywood Boulevard between 19th and 21st Avenue.  The new plaques are in addition to the original eight plaques that were dedicated in 2016

The plaque project was spearheaded by the two groups along with some private history buffs, including mayor Josh Levy, before he was the mayor.  Mayor Levy led the dedication ceremonies.

Each of the plaques tells a bit of the history of the building and shows a picture of the building in its original state.

Shown here, for example, is the plaque on 1903 Hollywood Blvd., current home of Whiskey Tango, which was originally a Lovett’s and then a Woolworth’s.  Among the other new plaques are installations at Mickey Byrnes and Anniversary Park.

This map shows the locations of all the plaques, making up a historic walking tour for both residents and visitors to enjoy.

The Historical Society also sells a book featuring a 50-site Hollywood walking tour, available for $5 by calling  954-923-5590.

Hollywood Historical Society Historian Dr. Joan Mickelson, Penny Johns, Karen Albertson, Commissioner Linda Sherwood, Mayor Josh Levy, Commissioner Traci Callari, School Board Candidate Jim Silvernale (hidden) and Lisa Liotta