If you have lots of ideas about how things could be better in the City, here’s a great opportunity for you to be heard, and maybe see your thoughts put into action. The City of Hollywood is seeking applicants to serve on various Boards and Committees on a voluntary basis. The deadline for applications is April 19.
The Office of the City Clerk is currently accepting applications for vacant or expiring positions that exist on the following committees and boards:
- Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
- African American Advisory Council
- Age-Friendly Community Task Force
- Artwork Selection Committee
- Civil Service Board
- Community Development Advisory Board
- Dune Master Plan Task Force
- Education Advisory Committee
- Employees’ Retirement Plan
- Firefighters’ Pension Board
- Green Team Advisory Committee
- Historic Preservation Board
- Hollywood Housing Authority
- Marine Advisory Board
- Neighborhood Watch Advisory Board
- Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Advisory Board
- Planning and Development Board
- Unsafe Structures Board
- Young Circle ArtsPark Advisory Board
There are specific requirements for each board or committee. You can apply online or get more information on the City’s website here.
All completed interest forms must have a resume attached and be returned to the Office of the City Clerk at Hollywood City Hall, 2600 Hollywood Boulevard no later than 6 pm on Thursday, April 19. Appointments will be announced by the City Commission on May 22 at 3:30 p.m.
For additional information, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at 954-921-3211.