The Hollywood Police Department in partnership with 4Fnow will be holding a voluntary Gun Buyback event on Saturday, March 30, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- This is an anonymous event. No ID is required, no questions asked.
- Guns must be unloaded and brought to the Hollywood Police Department.
- Guns must be left in the trunk or car for removal. No other weapons or ammunition is permitted.
- Participating individuals will receive a gift card per operational firearm, with the value based on the following:
- Up to $75 for shotguns and antique firearms
- Up to $150 for handguns and rifles
- Up to $250 for semi-automatic rifles
In 2018, HPD recovered nine stolen firearms. Guns that are not properly stored or that are unwanted can fall into the hands
“The Hollywood Police Department takes the safety of everyone who lives in, works in, or simply visits the city of Hollywood very seriously. That’s why programs like this are important to this agency,” said HPD Chief Chris O’Brien.
“If our gun buyback program prevents even one gun from falling into the hands of someone who would use it to commit crime in our city, then we would be successful in our goal of making our community safer. Our partnership with 4FNow on this program provides an opportunity to not only take guns off of the street, but also provides a safe and effective way for residents to dispose of firearms they no longer have use for.”