New Collection of Work is part of the Hotel’s Local Art Initiative
CIRC Hotel, a 12-story modern boutique hotel on Young Circle in Downtown Hollywood, has announced the 15 winners of its recent art competition.
Inspired by the area’s burgeoning arts scene, CIRC launched the local contest in Fall 2018 in an effort to curate pieces to be displayed in the hotel’s lobby and meeting space. Each piece is available for sale to the public with the artists receiving all proceeds. A panel of judges selected the 15 winning pieces from more than 120 submissions.
The winners are:
- “Green Goddess” by Monique Byrd
- “Thoughts in a Million Dots” by Nivia Bejarano
- “Burrowing Owl” by Phoenix
- “Time Flies” by Sandra Canning
- “Dragons Breath” by Tony Falk
- “Freeze This Moment” by Vasilios Tryphonas II
- “Ofrenda” by Carlos A. Rancano
- “Ecstatium II” by Carlos Aleman
- “Timeless Mightly Oak” by Dr. Larman
- “Warrior” by Heather Calderon
- “Red Mangroves” by James Wood
- “Floating” by James Wood
- “Graceful Creatures” by Jill Gehring
- “Tree of Life” by Leon Young
“We’re always blown away by the incredible response and number of submissions we receive from local artists,” said General Manager Kara Lundgren. “Each piece of art we choose is different from the last. We’re proud of our living, breathing art gallery.”
Located at 1780 Polk Street, the 111-room CIRC Hotel is the first hotel to open in Downtown Hollywood in nearly 40 years. The hotel is home to Olivia Restaurant & Bar, Presto Coffee House, and The Muse Rooftop Bar & Lounge.
Visit www.circhotel.com for reservations and information or follow @CircHotel on Facebook and Instagram.