The revamped ship offers cruises from Fort Lauderdale starting at $189
Carnival Cruise Line’s Carnival Sunrise made its first call at Port Everglades on Oct. 28, holding a ceremony on the ship for the occasion.
Carnival Sunrise will be homeported at Port Everglades for the winter season, and will offer four and five day itineraries to the Bahamas, as well as the Eastern and Western Caribbean.
The Carnival Sunrise, previously Carnival Triumph, received an extensive $200 million transformation — including the addition of new suites and staterooms. The Carnival Sunrise can now accommodate 2,984 passengers.
New features on Carnival Sunrise include:
- Casual F&B options: Poolside venues like Guy’s Burger Joint and Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse, in collaboration with Food Network star and longtime partner Guy Fieri, BlueIguana Cantina & Tequila Bar, RedFrog Rum Bar, as well as upgrades to the Lido Marketplace, an expanded ice cream station, the Java Blue coffee bar and 24-hour Pizzeria del Capitano.
- Specialty dining: The Chef’s Table fine dining experience, the pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar, as well as Italian, sushi and seafood options.
- Shopping and Personal Care: A Cherry on Top sweet shop, Pixels photo gallery, expanded retail outlets and renovated fitness and spa facilities.
- Outdoor Decks and Attractions: A new water park with slides and a kiddie splash zone, a Serenity adults-only retreat, and a SportSquare recreation area with ropes course and mini golf.
- Youth & Family Entertainment: Dedicated Camp Ocean, Circle “C” and Club O2 facilities hosting supervised children’s programming for kids 2-17, as well as an arcade.
- Theater & Live Entertainment: The Punchliner Comedy Club in the new Limelight Lounge, Playlist Productions shows in the Liquid Lounge, live entertainment, deck parties, onboard programming and the popular sing-along piano bar.
- Staterooms and Suites: Two redesigned Captain’s Suites and updates to all staterooms.
Carnival Sunrise’s transformation is part of a larger project: the Carnival Cruise Line’s $2 billion fleetwide enhancement program.
The cruise industry is a major part of Broward County’s economy. It provides about 6,000 jobs, and contributes nearly $2 billion to the local economy.
“We are pleased to bring Carnival Sunrise to Port Everglades, providing our guests with more options in sailing from South Florida,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “Since debuting earlier this year, the ship has received rave reviews from our guests offering exciting enhancements and the amazing service that our crew always deliver.”
The Carnival Sunrise will depart in May for the summer season.
All of Carnival Sunrise’s sailings are open for reservations. To book a sailing, contact any travel agent or call 1-800-CARNIVAL.