The Southwest Broward Mobility Improvement Project area includes SW 56th Avenue, North 64th Avenue and SW 62nd Avenue in the cities of Hollywood and Miramar. This $4,993,116 improvement includes:
- Widening the roadway to accommodate 7-foot buffered bicycle lanes and adding sidewalks to create a continuous facility in each direction of SW 56th Avenue
- Adding shared lane pavement markings in each direction along North 64th Avenue to enhance the safe travel of bicycles and motor vehicles in the same traffic lane.
- Adding continuous sidewalks in each direction on SW 62nd Avenue south of Pembroke Road.
- Day-time traffic detours in one direction at a time will occur along SW 56th Avenue for widening and paving operations. Access to properties and local traffic will be maintained during these detours.
- Access to properties will be maintained and flaggers will direct traffic around the work zone during sidewalk construction along SW 62nd Avenue
Construction began July 29, 2019 and is anticipated to be completed by Summer 2021. Additional information about lane closures and construction work hours will be provided in the weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT. PROJECT SCOPEPDFPDF Download
For more information about these projects and to sign up for the weekly traffic report, please call the FDOT Community Outreach Specialist at 954.940.7605.