As a Neighborhood Voices contributor, you are considered to be a leader in your community. We encourage you to praise and celebrate the good people in your neighborhood while raising concern for issues that deserve the attention for the purpose of strengthening and connecting your community.
Set Up & Guidelines for Neighborhood Voices
- Register for a Hollywood Gazette account here: https://www.hollywoodgazette.com/wp-login.php
- Once you have registered, send Victoria Martinez an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know you’ve registered. We will set your account to “contributor” which will allow you to post content and images.
- To add a new post, select “New +” on the top left menu of the dashboard once you are logged into your account.
- Write your post in the space provided. Add photos if you have by choosing the “Add Media” button above your post content.
- Select the Neighborhood you represent in the category on the left column of the site.
- To save your work, click on the “Save as Pending” on the top right of the sidebar.
- Select posts will be published at our discretion and as space permits in print issue of Hollywood Gazette.
- Please take the time to edit your posts.
- The content must be about an issue that relates to or impacts your neighborhood specifically.
- You can promote a business or event in your neighborhood if you feel compelled, however any content that borders on self-promotion will not be included. You can note your professional affiliations in your bio that will appear with each of your posts.
- Your content should detailed and unique. Try to pick topics that have not been extensively covered elsewhere.
- Posts should be between 300-1000 words (max) with no fluff.
- Your posts can be in your own voice, in a casual, informal tone. Think of the reader as a friend sitting at your kitchen table.
- If you cite facts and quotes to support your opinion, provide the source.
- Contributors can link out as many times as they want to as long as those links are benefiting readers. It doesn’t matter if those links go to the author’s site or even to another news site (Sun-Sentinel etc).
- Share your posts on social media or where ever you can, to help foster dialogue in your neighborhood.